The website you are using is provided by Mazzeo Nominees Proprietary Limited (ABN 26 418 559 897) trading as B & A Motor Body Repairs (“B&A” or “we”).
Please note this Policy and all personal information collected and otherwise dealt with by B&A is subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) and the Australian Privacy Principles (“APP”) contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act, as amended from time to time.
This Policy applies to the collection, holding and use of personal information provided about individuals to B&A through the use of the website, bamotors.com.au (“the website”) and any services offered or provided by B&A (“services”).
In this Policy we also explain how you can contact us if you have a query about any personal information that B&A may be holding about you.
In this Policy, “personal information” has the same meaning as defined by section 6 of the Privacy Act:
information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in material form or not.
Personal information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, payment details (including credit card or bank account details), motor vehicle information, insurance policy details and/or other information that is necessary for the delivery of our services to you.
By using our services and continuing to use our services you acknowledge that you have had the opportunity to read the Policy and acknowledge and consent to B&A collecting, holding, and disclosing personal information supplied by you through your use of the website or our services and retaining and/or using personal information provided by you subject to the terms of this Policy, the website and any terms and conditions/ agreements that apply in respect of any services we provide to you.
3. Personal information of third parties
We may also collect personal information from third parties who deal with us on your behalf such as insurers, dealerships and manufacturers, including motor vehicle manufacturers.
If you provide us with personal information of a third party individual, you will be responsible for informing the individual and obtaining the individual’s consent for their personal information to be provided to B&A for the purposes indicated in the corresponding sections of this Policy.
The purpose of this Policy is to:
- clearly communicate the personal information handling practices of B&A;
- enhance the transparency of B&A’s information collection processes; and
- give individuals a better understanding of the sort of personal information that B&A holds, and the way B&A handles that information.
In the course of regular business activity, B&A will from time to time collect and otherwise deal with your personal information.
If you do not want any of your personal information collected, you can stop using our services at any time (subject to applicable contracts).
B&A collects personal information from individuals in numerous ways, including when an individual:
- uses our services;
- uses the website;
- contacts B&A by email, telephone or otherwise for any reason;
- completes an on-line inquiry; or
- provides B&A with personal information.
We may also collect personal information about you from other people, organisations, agencies or regulators, such as insurers.
B&A does not generally take steps to:
- verify personal information about any individual disclosed to it; or
- seek additional personal information about any individual on the basis of information disclosed to it,
except in circumstances where it is reasonably necessary for B&A to do so, including (but not limited to) confirming the identity of an individual seeking access to personal information.
When collecting information from you – whether it be via the website, email, hardcopy, face-to-face or any other services – we will take reasonable steps to inform you of why we are collecting the information, the purposes for which we intend to use that information and to whom it may be disclosed.
Any personal information collected by B&A will be used for the purpose for which it was given to B&A, for purposes which are directly related to those purposes, for purposes which you have otherwise consented to, or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Act.
B&A may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide the services that you request and do all things necessary to administer those services;
- to prepare estimates and tax invoices;
- to run future marketing campaigns;
- to send promotional or other information about B&A’s services through e-mail, postal mail or some other means unless you otherwise instruct us to cease or refrain from sending you such information;
- to send you communications in connection with our services unless you otherwise instruct us to cease or refrain from sending you such information;
- to conduct research about our customers and our services;
- to monitor and improve our services;
- to prepare and report to third party organisations such as motor vehicle manufacturers and insurers; and
- to process any inquiries you have about B&A.
We may disclose information we hold to:
- our directors, officers, employees, agents and other associated companies within our corporate group;
- service providers and contractors who help us provide the services;
- third party organisations such as insurance companies and motor vehicle manufacturers; or
- a law enforcement agency if we are requested to do so by that agency.
B&A does not otherwise provide personal information to any other organisations, government agencies or third parties except as consented to by you, or in accordance with the Privacy Act or as otherwise required by law.
Where appropriate we may handle personal information relying on applicable exemptions under the Privacy Act, including but not limited to, the related bodies corporate exemption and the employee exemption.
9. Overseas Disclosure
We may disclose your personal information to recipients located overseas.
Generally, we will only disclose your personal and/or sensitive information to these overseas recipients in connection with our services where we may use an overseas server to host some or all of our business data, including personal information or as otherwise consented to by you or in accordance with the Privacy Act or as otherwise required by law.
10. Direct marketing communications
We may use and disclose your personal information, including contact details which you provide to us in order to provide you with direct marketing communications about our services and business, in accordance with the law.
You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us at any time by contacting us.
In situations where B&A holds personal information about you, pursuant to APP 12 you are entitled to be given access to such information by making a request to B&A (subject to some exceptions).
If you would like access to your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer directly via phone or email. Contact details may be found below under “Contact”.
In the event B&A holds personal information about you and:
- B&A is satisfied that the information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading; or
- you request the information be corrected,
B&A will take reasonable steps to correct the information to ensure that it is accurate, up to date, relevant and not misleading.
If your personal details need to be corrected please make a written request to our Privacy Officer for correction (refer to “Contact” below).
13. Storage and Security
B&A will take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. B&A stores your personal information physically and/or electronically and has processes in place to endeavour to ensure the security of your personal information.
If your personal information is no longer needed, B&A will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to destroy and permanently de-identify the personal information.
14. External Websites
Please note the website may contain links to other external websites. These links are provided as a convenience to you. B&A is not affiliated with these sites and accordingly has no control over – and is not responsible for – their content, activities, privacy practice or other policies.
Please note that we reserve our right to amend, remove or vary this Policy without notice. You should check this page regularly to take notice of any changes we may have made to this Policy. B&A may notify you of changes to this Policy via the website.
Your privacy is very important to us. For that reason, if you have any questions or concerns about how B&Asafeguards your privacy, or if you wish to access or amend personal information we hold about you, please make a request in writing.
All correspondence should be directed to:
B&A Motor Body Repairs
Attn: Privacy Officer
1848 Princes Hwy Clayton VIC 3168
Phone: 03 9543 7777
In the event that you decide to contact us for any of the reasons above, we request that you please provide us with sufficient details regarding your reason for getting in touch with us.
If you wish to complain about our handling of your personal information, or if we do not agree to provide access to personal information or to amend the information we hold about you, you can:
- escalate your enquiry to B&A to a formal complaint in writing or by email address to Privacy Officer (refer to “Contact” above), or
- pursue the matter further with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
Any complaint received by B&A will be investigated and considered by B&A in due course, and a response provided to the complainant within a reasonable period.
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your enquiry, have a complaint about any practice, procedure or action taken in regard to your personal information, you can call the OAIC on 1300 363 992, or visit their website at www.oaic.gov.au.
Last Updated: 27th November, 2020